ADVOCACY, Creativity and collaboration
A key driving force behind our movement is that creativity and collaboration can solve any problem. With a design thinking approach, we enlist local creative thinkers along with a community of educators, parents and residents to imagine a world of play for all. With inclusion the starting point for all design we are pushing for a new normal that promotes connection and caring by dissolving as many boundaries as possible.
Our approach centres on empathy, strategic workshops, ideation & prototyping and community empowerment
Results to date include:
- 3 significant changes in local council policy positively impacting more than 250,000 residents
- $6.3 million commitment to an inclusive play network across Sydney's northern beaches
- Leadership of a $100K innovative local neighbourhood inclusive playground project (launched 2017) with Northern Beaches Council
- Member of the 2018 Everyone Can Play in NSW Advisory Group
- Caroline Ghatt recipient of the 2018 Blackmores Mercie Wheelman Women +Wellbeing "Runner Up" Award for "Strong Being category" - Acts of courage and determination by everyday women who have survived and prospered through adversity. An honour to be the Runner Up for Donna Meads-Barlow and her inspired work with Danii foundation.
- 2018 Westfield Local Heroes Finalist (Caroline Ghatt)
- 2018 Finalist, The Australian Sport, Recreation and Play Innovation Awards (Belrose Inclusive Play Spaces)
- Expert consultants (Cushman & Wakefield, Access & Inclusion Sponsors Vivid Sydney) leading Experience Design for "Tumbalong Lights" - Magical Inclusive Playground. Attracted more than 60,000 people in 3 weeks. Winner of The Australian Sport, Recreation and Play Innovation Awards.
To find out more:
Please contact us on ph 1300 880 266
Or email: email@example.com
Where our community began - with advocacy to make one playground ("Wingara Reserve") inclusive in March 2016 (the original shot prior to being upgraded is below)....the rest is history....
Advocacy meeting with Mayor Michael Regan and Head of Open Space Michael Keelan, April 28 2016
Northern Beaches Council Announces Unprecedented Policy Change
The new Wingara Reserve now has excellent access, inclusive play elements, and an inclusive mulch (walk or wheel over).
COLLABORATED, CONCEPTED and CREATED FIVE INCLUSIVE PLAY SPACES.
PROJECT LAUNCHED AUGUST 2017